Translate

Monday, May 28, 2012

Marco Andretti driving tip

I was pulling for Marco Andretti in the Indy 500. As I watched the replay of his crash I saw an opportunity to let off the brakes and maybe avoid the wall. If your tires aren't spinning and the brakes are locked you will keep going in the direction you were going when they locked. Putting more pressure on the brake pedal after they are locked does not help in any way. Your only hope is to get the wheels turning and maybe you can go in the direction your front wheels turn. I see it happen more often than not in motor racing. Bottom line do not lock up your tires because you will go farther than if you are threshold braking which means the tires are still turning however slightly and you can still steer a little. Remember pressure on the pedal is important and harder is not always better except for erections. I bet Mario told him the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment